On Monday, August 30 Advanced Fire & Security was in the building to test the fire alarm system. We were overdue for the inspection, so when the Manager was notified of an opening in their schedule, he accepted it. That is why building residents were not notified ahead of time. Testing the fire alarm occurred on August 30. Individual units, starting on the top floor will be inspected August 31 - September 2 from 9 AM to 5 PM, possibly running into Friday, September 3. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
An email announcing available parking spaces was sent to all shareholders on August 30. If you are interested in changing your parking space, please download the attached Form, complete it and return it to the office. Alternatively, you may complete the form, scan it (or take a photo of it) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kenneth Deutsch, LCAM, interim General Manager for CRTN since July 26 (when Sam Beida resigned), has been a property manager at various Florida properties since 2002. His formal education is as a Civil Engineer and he has administrative experience with parking facility development in Fort Lauderdale and Miami.
A New Yorker, Ken met his wife, a dental hygienist, when he moved to Florida. They live in Weston and are world travelers who have been on every continent except the Antarctic.
Currently, his challenge at CRTN is getting the building’s phone system figured out. The recent move to Comcast has not worked out. The elevators and storm drain/sink holes are other current issues being addressed.
Mr. Deutsch has invited the website manager to stop by his office every week to get an update on building matters. So, you will find weekly updates as Announcements.
Per Memo emailed to shareholders from Board President, Larry Schwartz, July 28
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, BASED ON THE LATEST CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROLS GUIDELINES, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT ALL SHAREHOLDERS AND GUESTS WEAR MASKS IN THE COMMON AREAS. PLEASE PROTECT YOUR FELLOW SHAREHOLDERS AND WEAR A MASK INDOORS.
THIS POLICY WILL BE MANDATORY FOR EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS.
- If you would like to contact the entire Board of Directors, Click on "Contact Us" on the Home Page of the website.
- All members of the Board are listed in "About Us" on the Home Page of the website with their email addresses.
- It is important that the CRTN office has a current emergency contact number for all residents. Please update with the office any information that has changed.
- You may also update your personal profile on the website. For example: a new car, new phone number, key holder, have a bicycle, etc.
It is imperative that you notify Jean in the management office when you leave CRTN for an extended absence. For security and safety reasons, it is necessary to know which owners are in residence at any one time. Notification is also necessary when you return.
Click on Important Information for a "to do check list" when you are closing up a unit for an extended period of time.
TOP ISSUES - compiled by Board President, Larry Schwarz
- Fire Panel - We are still being stalled by our current insurance carrier on the fire panel. This is a subject that is discussed daily. We have taken every recourse we can to get an answer. I am as frustrated as the rest of the shareholders. We are diligently working on this matter.
- Elevators – Again this is foremost on our minds. However, until a new fire panel is up and operational, we cannot correct the issues. We are in the process of changing our service contractor. We were locked into a horrible contract that Mr. Beida is in the process of changing.
- Community Room – Once the above matters are taken care of this will be a board priority.
OTHER ISSUES MENTIONED IN SURVEY
- 3 to 5 year planning committees 1) buildings and grounds 2) Finance 3) Landscape. All three committees have met with Mr. Beida and will have a report for the April 27, 2021 Board Meeting.
- Pickle Ball, Bocce Ball, improve Pool Deck. These requests will be referred to the 3-5 year planning committees. (Committee members - this is your referral).
- Pest control, hallway walls, noise, lighting outage, etc. These complaints should all be referred to the managers office.
- Covid 19 - The pool guard has resigned and will not be replaced. Sanitation Supplies will be left in the pool area for your convenience.
- Currently, approximately 245 shareholders have been vaccinated.
Please do not throw large items - boxes, big bags, etc. down the trash chutes. Especially not the East side, since they seem to constantly back the chute. Thank you! CRTN Management.